Marriage in Thailand

line_01.gif (3614 bytes)


Marriage in Thailand by non-Thai couples or Thai National and foreigner couple is easy to arrange and can be quickly accomplished.  The legal marriage registration can be done at any district office in Thailand on any working day between 8am and 3pm. To marry you need passports and proof that you are single.  If you have previously been married which ended in divorce or death you need the original certificates.  If never been married you need to show the Ministry of Foreign Affairs a statutory statement of non-attachment notarized by your embassy in Bangkok. Your Embassy may require proof of evidence to this fact.

A statutory statement required by the Thai authorities will cost 1,000 Thai Baht each (US$25). Your embassy will normally charge a fee for notarizing it and the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs makes a nominal charge for registering it and issuing a certificate to enable you to legally marry anywhere in Thailand. A further fee will be required to have the document officially translated into Thai.

Special attention should be made about pre marriage planning. Assets of the foreigner should be protected.  A prenuptial agreement is highly recommended and should be made before marriage. Prenuptial Agreements should be prepared in both the Thai and English languages.  If, for example, the foreigner is a US Citizen with assets in USA and Thailand, the prenuptial agreement should be prepared in such a manner that it is recognized and legally binding in both USA and Thailand.  Prenuptial Agreements are less likely to be contested when prepared and signed well in advance of the marriage date.


To marry you need passports and proof that you are single. We offer complete legal services for marriage registration:

  1. Collecting and notarization of Embassy documents (Affirmation or Affidavit of Freedom to Marry).

  2. Translation of Affirmation or Affidavit documents in Thai language.

  3. Submitting documents to Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs

  4. Register the Marriage at the District Office (Amphur)


Marriage Law in Thailand is governed by the "THAI CIVIL AND COMMERCIAL CODE".



The Thai marriage can be solemnized with or without a Betrothal Ceremony in ritual manner and also through court.  The betrothal ceremony is nothing but a promise to marry and in the form of an agreement.  The agreement is effective only when the man gives engagement property to the woman as evidence.  The injured party is entitled to claim damages in the event of breach of the betrothal agreement.



The man and woman who are wishing to marry should have the following eligibility to get married:


Either of them should not be less than 17 years of age.  The Court may, in case of having appropriate reason, allow them to marry before attaining such age.


Either of them should not be an insane person or adjudged incompetent.


Both of them should not be in blood relations in the direct ascendant or descendant line, or brother or sister of full or half blood i.e. should no be with in the prohibited degrees of relationship.


Both of them should not have the same adoptive parents.


Either of them should not have a spouse at the time of marriage. If woman whose husband died or whose marriage has become terminated, the marriage can only take place after expiry of 310 days from such death or termination of marriage, but before such period if



A child has been born during such period;


The divorced couple remarry;


There is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner in medicine showing that the woman is not pregnant;


There is an order of the Court allowing the woman to marry.





The bride and bridegroom who are wishing to marry should possess or arrange the following documents prior to their marriage so as to furnish on demand by the authority solemnizing the marriage at the time of marriage:


Identification Cards of both parties.


The House Registration Certificates of both parties


Person filing has previously registered marriage - If divorced, proof of divorce must be shown; in the event of spousal death (the applicant is a widow or widower) proof must accompany application.


Accompanied by witnesses




A copy of their passport along with arrival card


Affidavit regarding the marital status of the person from the respective embassy.


Translated copy of affidavits to Thai certified by an approved Foreign Ministry Translator.




A marriage can take place on declaration made by both the parties intending to marry by giving consent to take each other as husband and wife publicly before the registrar in order to have it recorded by the Registrar. Giving consent to the marriage may be made


By affixing signature of the person giving consent in the Register at the time of registration of the marriage;


By a consent document stating the names of the parties to the marriage and signed by the person giving consent;


By verbal declaration before at least two witnesses in case of necessity. The consent having been given cannot be revoked.


An application for registration for marriage can be filed at any District Office or Minor District Office nationwide regardless of the birthplace of the couple.


If the marriage registration is filed at the District Office located in female's birthplace (where the name is registered on the House Registration Certificate), the title used with the forename and the last name of the female will be changed by the District Officer. The female is required to file for a new Identification Card within 60 days. If the marriage is registered elsewhere, the female is required to contact the local District Office to change her name and last name, as well as filing for a new Identification Card.


If both parties are unable to file for marriage at any District Office or Minor District Office, the couple can submit a request to the Registrar to register their marriage at any location under the supervision of that District Office. The parties filing for marriage are required to provide transportation for the Registrar. A service fee of 400 Baht is required by the ministry


Marriage shall be affected only on registration being made. After registration is completed, a Marriage Registration Certificate to be obtained as evidence.



The foreigners who are wishing to marry shall appear in person with their respective passports and arrival card at their Embassy in Thailand to complete declarations attesting that he/ she is single and free to marry in accordance with Thai Law and the registration shall be effected by a Thai Diplomatic or Consular Officer.


l. Take the completed declaration to a reputable translation office to have the contents of the declaration translated into Thai.


The documents together with translation and copies of passports have to be taken to the Legalization Division of Consular Affairs Department, where the Consular Official's signature will be authenticated. This normally takes 2 days. The documents and translation are then ready for submission to the District Registrar who will register the marriage and issue the marriage certificate in Thai in accordance with and following the procedure led down in Thai Law.





You should allow four working days in Bangkok prior to registering your marriage as you are required to have been resident in Thailand for at least three days before you marry and you must allow time for the paperwork to be processed in Bangkok. This also allows you to visit some of the wonderful attractions in Bangkok.



If you have previously been married, your divorce certificate. The certificate should be translated into Thai. Since the certificate must be legalized by the Embassy, we prefer that the translation is made by the Embassy or by a translation office recommended by the Embassy.





Guidance for British Nationals Wishing to Marry in Thailand

This information is provided for general guidance only and has no legal authority.


Make an affirmation of freedom to marry in person at the British Embassy in Bangkok



Please retype the affirmation including your details on one page in the same format as the attached sample and bring it to the Embassy to sign before a British Consular official


We accept affirmations between normal working hours, excluding public holidays. It is not possible to make an appointment for this service. The service is provided on a first- come – first served basis. The completed affirmation will then be ready for collection from the Embassy between from 09.00 hrs on the following working day.  


We charge Baht 2,400 per affirmation and we can provide this service to British nationals only.  


Please bring with you to the Embassy your passport, as proof of identity, and evidence that any previous marriages have been dissolved/terminated (death certificate or divorce certificate(s) as appropriate). ORIGINALS ARE REQUIRED AND WILL BE RETURNED ALONG WITH THE AFFIRMATION THE FOLLOWING DAY; copies will not be accepted under any circumstances. 




Have the affirmation translated into Thai



Once the affirmation has been signed, you will need to have it translated into Thai. Please note that Consular Section does not undertake the preparation or translation of documents. Many reputable translation companies advertise on the internet as well as in the Thai local press. The Embassy is unable to recommend any particular firms.




Have the affirmation authenticated and translation certified



All Thai Registrars will require authentication of the British Consular Official’s signature and certification of the Thai translation. This must be obtained from:



The Legalisation and Naturalisation Division,

Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (

123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120

Tel. 0– 2575 1056–59, 0–2981 7171


There are two fees available: -

     1. Baht 400 per document, and it takes up to two full days or

     2. Baht 800 per document for the same day service.




Submit the document to the Registrar


The affirmation and translation are then ready for submission to the registrar, who, if satisfied, will register the marriage and issue a Thai marriage certificate.


The British Embassy in Bangkok is not authorized to perform marriages.


Marriage in Thailand should be performed according to Thai law and any detailed questions on the procedure should be addressed to the appropriate Thai authorities.


A religious ceremony on its own is not sufficient.


The documentation to be produced is at the discretion of each individual Registrar. Most Registrars will be satisfied with an affirmation of freedom to marry.


The marriage will only be recognized under UK law if it is valid under Thai law. For it to be valid in Thai law, the marriage must be registered with the Registrar at an Amphur Office (District Office). A list of some Amphur offices in Bangkok and upcountry is attached.


The Thai marriage certificate will be in Thai only. You may wish to commission a “sworn translation” of the marriage certificate from a translation bureau, so that you may use the document for legal purposes in the U.K.


Consular Section can arrange for your marriage to be recorded in the U.K.; please ask us for further details if you wish us to do so. This is not a legal obligation, it is for statistical purposes and if you lose a copy of your certificate only.


Please note that a foreign national does not automatically acquire British nationality through marriage to a British national.


If you are marrying a Thai national, he or she will require a visa to visit or settle in the UK.


Applications for a visa to settle in the United Kingdom should be submitted at least three months in advance of the proposed date of travel. Please ask the Visa Section for further information.






Information for American Citizens

A legal marriage in Thailand consists of both parties registering their marriage in person with the local Thai Amphur (Civil Registry Office). The United States does recognize the validity of such a marriage.  



Complete an affidavit at the American Embassy. The affidavit form, available upon request, includes all of the information required by relevant Thai law. The form must be completed and notarized at the Embassy.


Have the completed affidavit translated.


Take the affidavit and translation to:



Legalization Division

Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

3rd Floor, 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Tung Song Hong, Laksi District, Bangkok

Tel:(02) 575-1057-8 / Fax:(02) 575-1054


Take the affidavit and supporting documents to a local Amphur and register yourselves as married. The Amphur will also require the following documents:




Your American passport;


The Thai citizen's identification card;


If either party is under the age of twenty, written permission from the parents (with Thai translation);


If either you or your fiancé have been previously married the Amphur will want to see proof that prior marriages have been terminated; either divorce or death certificates. These documents if available should be translated into Thai prior to presentation at the Amphur.





Registration of marriage in Thailand can only be done at a District Office ("amphur"), which is similar to a town hall in Denmark. Please note that a marriage ceremony performed in a church, or in a mosque, or a ceremony at home with monks attending the wedding is not legally binding in Thailand, - and therefore not legally binding in Denmark either.

In order for a Danish citizen to register marriage in Thailand, the Thai authorities request that the Danish Embassy issue a certificate in English and in Thai, which confirms the Danish national's name, nationality, passport number, issuing passport authority, and address in Denmark, employer, position, and salary. Furthermore, names and age of children from previous relationships, if any. And finally, names and addresses of 2 contact persons (references) in Denmark, who are not family members.

When you return to Denmark after having registered your marriage in Thailand, please inform the municipality in which you live (Folkeregisteret) about your marriage.

1. If you wish to marry in Thailand you should therefore contact the Embassy and bring the following original documents: 


  1. Health insurance card or other official documentation of your present address.

  2. Salary statement (the latest) or similar documentation of your income, for instance your pension statement or your yearly salary statement from the Danish tax authorities

  3. If you have previously been married, your divorce certificate. The certificate should be translated into Thai. Since the certificate must be legalized by the Embassy, we prefer that the translation is made by the Embassy or by a translation office recommended by the Embassy. (See: List of Consular Service Fees).

  4. Names and addresses (references) of two persons you know in Denmark, who are not your family.

  5. Names and age of your children, if any.

  6. Certificate from your Danish municipality concerning notification of marriage ("Ægteskabsattest"). In order to obtain a "Marriage Certificate", please print out the Marriage Declaration. Fill out the declaration and you and your future spouse then need to sign it, enclose the attachments as specified in the guidelines together with DKK 500,00 and send it by mail to your (latest) municipality. Please remember to inform the municipality to which address the "Marriage Certificate" should be sent!

Under normal circumstances, it takes two working days for the Embassy to issue a certificate for registration of marriage in Thailand. You will be charged a fee for the Embassy's assistance (See: List of Consular Service Fees).

Alternatively and in order to save time, you may find it more convenient to forward copies of the documents to the Embassy beforehand, in order that the certificate and any translations are ready when you arrive in Thailand. Please note, however, that you must present all the original documents when coming to the Embassy to pick up your certificate for registration of marriage in Thailand.


2. You should bring the certificate to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be verified as a true document issued by the Royal Danish Embassy. The address of the Ministry is:

Legalization Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Chaeng Wattana Road (close to the Communications Authority of Thailand) Bangkok

Tel: 02 575 1056/58 /Fax: 02 575 1054


It usually takes a couple of days for the Ministry to verify a document. Please note that the Ministry will charge you a fee. The Danish Embassy cannot assist you in having the certificate verified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Since May 2003 it has been possible for foreigners to forward by mail documents for legalization directly to the Royal Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Legalization Division.

The procedure is as follows:

  1. Contact Legalization Division at 02-575-1056/58 for more information or details of documents needed especially regarding the legalization fee.

  2. Fill in the form “Application for Legalization”.

  3. Enclose a copy of your passport or power of attorney.

  4. Enclose the document for legalization as well as 2 copies hereof.

  5. Enclose a money order paid in THB to Laksi Post Office + THB 40 for the expense of return express mail by EMS.

  6. State your telephone number and address in Thailand.

  7. The legalization process normally takes 2 working days.

  8. In case you do not have your own address in Thailand you can have the documents sent to your name + c/o Royal Danish Embassy, Sathorn Soi 1, Bangkok 10120. Hereafter you can pick up your letter at the Embassy by presenting your passport.

  9. Forward the documents to:  123 Department of Consular Affairs, Legalization Division, Chaeng Watthana Rd., Laksi District, Bangkok 10210.

3. When the certificate has been verified, you may register marriage at any District Office (amphur). The Embassy, however, usually recommends that you register marriage in Bangkok, or in another larger city, as the district offices in the cities are more familiar with the embassies' certificates. You do not need to make an appointment in advance with the district office.

The amphur will charge you a small fee for the registration of marriage. Please note that you might also have to pay a small fee to the two marriage witnesses, if they are provided by the amphur.


4. After your marriage you are welcome to come back to the Embassy to have your Thai marriage certificate translated into English (See: List of Consular Service Fees) 




Registering marriages performed in Thailand

This information sheet provides Australians with information on how to register a marriage performed in Thailand to ensure it will be recognized as a valid marriage in Australia. The Embassy cannot provide information on other issues, such as organizing celebrants or venues. For information on a Thai spouse’s immigration to Australia please contact the Immigration Section of the Embassy (DIMIA).


Why do I need to register a marriage?

Under Thai law a marriage must be registered with Thai authorities to be legally recognized. A valid Thai marriage between adults will then be recognized as a valid marriage in Australia. If you do not register a marriage with the Thai authorities, then you are not legally married, either in Thailand or Australia.


What do I need to do to register my marriage?

The marriage must be registered at the Amphoe (or Town Hall), in the district where the marriage took place.  In addition to the normal requirements (about which you should seek advice from the celebrant), each Australian party must provide their passport, and the following:


Statutory declaration

Australians married in Thailand must provide a pro-forma statutory declaration.  The Thai Government requires that such declarations be witnessed at the Australian Embassy Bangkok. They will not accept declarations from Australia.  A fee of AUD$20 is payable for this service.


Death/Divorce Certificates

If you were previously married, you will need to provide an original divorce or death certificate to demonstrate you are no longer married. You must bring original documents to be certified by the Australian Embassy.  The Embassy cannot certify photocopies. A fee of AUD$30 is payable per certified document.



You must also arrange for the statutory declaration and any applicable divorce/death certificates to be translated into Thai.  There are many private translation agencies in Bangkok who can provide this service (for a fee) within one working day.


Certification by the Thai Department of Consular Affairs, MFA

After documents have been translated they must be authenticated (for a fee) by the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For information on this you should contact: Department of Consular Affairs 123 Moo 3, Changwattana Road, Kwang Toong Son Hong, Khet Laksi, Bangkok Tel. (+66-2) 5751061, (+66-2)-5751057; Office hours: 08:30 – 15:30


The Amphoe (Town Hall)

When you have completed the above requirements, which can only be completed in Bangkok over at least 2-3 working days, you should go to the Amphoe to register the marriage.  An appointment may be required.  Your celebrant may be able to assist you with these arrangements.



Under Thai law, for a marriage to be legally recognized, the parties must be registered at Registrar Office (Amphur or Khet).  Each district in Thailand has its own registrar office.  The local registrar office will require both parties to complete the following steps before a marriage can be registered.

If either party is a foreigner, the Amphur requires authenticated copies of a passport, a completed Statutory Declaration Form translated into Thai, and the documents mentioned in point 2 if applicable.  Statutory Declaration Forms are available at the Consular Section of the New Zealand Embassy

  1. You must complete a Statutory Declaration, which can be obtained from the New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok at the address below

New Zealand Embassy

14th Floor M Thai Tower, All Season Place87

Wireless Road, Bangkok 10330

Tel: + 66 2 254 2530 / Fax: + 66 2 253 9045


Office hours: Monday – Friday 07.30 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.00 hrs

Appointment should be made for your convenience to complete the Statutory Declaration Form and have your signatures witnessed by the Consul. You must present your passport as proof of your identity.  There will be a fee applied for this service.

  1. Have the Statutory Declaration Form translated into Thai at a translation agency, some are located on Witthayu Rd. (Wireless Rd).  If one of the parties has been married before, he/she must have the original divorce certificate or death certificate of their spouse translated into Thai.

  2. Once the Statutory Declaration has been translated, the documents will have to be authenticated, this must be done at the address given below

Legalization Division, 3rd Floor

Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

123 Chaeng Watthana Road, Bangkok 10120

Tel: 0 – 2575 1056 - 9

Fax: 0 – 2575 – 1054


Service hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 – 14.30 hrs.

The legalization Division will require an original copy of Statutory Declaration and its translation as well as a copy of your passport.  There will be a fee on application.  The process will take around two days to complete.

  1. Once you have completed the above requirement, you should go to an Amphur to registrar the marriage. Take with you the above documents, including your passport and the interpreter to facilitate the communication with Amphur officials (this is generally required if neither party can speak Thai). It is important to make an appointment before proceeding to the Amphur.

To arrange marriage ceremony, please contact the hotel at which you plan to stay and request their assistance.

Please note that if you wish to sponsor your spouse for migration to New Zealand, you should contact the Immigration Section at the New Zealand Embassy.

The only forms the Thai Authorities will accept from New Zealand citizens intending to marry in Thailand are those completed and endorsed by the New Zealand Embassy.

Some hotels do provide assistance with legal documents.  However, to eliminate problems with Thai authorities, it is advisable that marrying couples obtain their own legal documents.

The steps outlined above are to be done in Bangkok.





If you are preparing to marry in Thailand, congratulations! Embassy officials cannot perform or witness a marriage, but we are able to notarize the required declaration.   In Thailand, a civil marriage is legally recognized once registered at a registrar's office, called a khet in Bangkok or an amphoe upcountry. in Thai.  Thailand does not permit civil marriage for same-sex couples.  You will need to take the following steps to register your marriage in Thailand:

Obtain an English declaration form with instructions available at the Embassy. Notary walk-in service hours are Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:00. The declaration is used to confirm your marital status, permanent address, and to give two references in Canada.

If you are divorced or widowed, please bring the original Certificate of Divorce or Death Certificate to have the declaration notarized.

Complete the English declaration form and submit the completed form to the Embassy with the fee for notary service of CAD$50 (confirm the current fee and rate of exchange with Embassy staff).  The paragraphs at the top and bottom are to be completed by Embassy staff. The application should take only one morning to complete.

The completed and notarized English declaration must then be translated into Thai by a certified translator. This usually takes 1-2 days to complete.

Have all documents certified at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  While only the English declaration needs to be notarized by the Embassy, both the English declaration and Thai translation must be certified at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to acknowledge that the signatures appearing on the documents are recognized.  This will take a maximum of two working days.

Documents for legalization can also be mailed to the following address with the application form and money order in Thai Baht payable to Laksi Post Office.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Legalization Division, 3rd floor, Department of Consular Affairs

123 Chaeng Watthana Road, Bangkok 10210

Tel: 0 2575-1056 - 9, Fax: 0 2575-1054

Proceed to the registrar's office (amphoe or khet) to register the marriage. If neither party speaks Thai, an interpreter will be required. Registering the marriage will take a maximum of one day. The nearest district registrar office to the Embassy is:

Bangrak Registrar's Office

5 Nares Road, Bangkok 10500

Tel: 0 2236-3154

Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:30.

**optional** you may wish to have the certificate of marriage translated into English or French.  It may then be notarized at either the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs or at the Embassy of Canada. Notarization should take only half a day.

If you are in Cambodia, Laos, or Myanmar, contact the Embassy in Bangkok directly for details of notarization for marriages in those countries.




MARRIAGE IN THAILAND Information for Russian Citizens

If you are considering getting married or registering your marriage in Thailand, you have to know that a legal marriage in Thailand consists of both parties registering their marriage in person with the local Thai Amphur (Local District Office).  The Russian Federation does recognize the validity of such a marriage.


To register a marriage in Thailand, you must make the following required steps:

Complete in an affidavit at Embassy's Consular Department. The document includes all the information required by the relevant Thai law.  After completing the document, it must be notarized by the Russian Consul.  Herewith you must submit your Russian passport and pay in cash a notary’s services fee of $20 (exchanged for Thai Baht). If you have previously been married, you must also complete an additional affidavit, stating your present non-marital status. The completed affidavit(s) should be translated into Thai.

The completed affidavit(s) and its Thai-language translation should be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (Legalization Division, Department of Consular Affairs, 3/fl., 123 Chaengwattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok. Tel: (02) 5-1057-8;Fax: (02) 575-1054).

After that you may legally register your marriage at any local Amphur office submitting legalized affidavit(s) and supporting documents:

  • Your Russian passport;

  • If the other party is a Thai citizen, his/her Identification Card & Residence Certificate;

  • If either party has previously been married, officials may want to see proof that the marriage has been terminated. Divorce certificates or death certificates (with Thai translations) should suffice.

Please note that if neither party speaks Thai, it may be necessary to ask an interpreter to accompany you to the Amphur office.




The following documents are required for a Belgian to marry a Thai national in Thailand:

  1. A birth certificate.

  2. Certificates of residence, of nationality and of civil status.

  3. A certificate certifying that he/she is not married ("certificat de celibataire").

  4. In case the Belgian national was previously married, a proof that he/she is no longer married.

  5. A certificate of good character ("certificat de bonne vie et moeurs").

  6. An attestation from the employer, a bank statement OR a declaration about monthly income.

  7. The names and addresses of TWO witnesses in Belgium and photocopies of their identity cards.

  8. If the Belgian national is under 18 years old, he/she must provide a letter of consent by his/her parents/guardians.



The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Belgium

27, Rue des Petits Carmes

1000 Brussels

(opening hours: 9h00-12h00, 10 Euro per document).


The Royal Thai Embassy in Belgium

2, Square du Val de la Cambre

1050 Brussels

(opening hours: 10h00-12h00 and 14h00-15h00, 3 Euro per document).



Once the Belgian national is in Thailand, he/she has to contact the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok

The Embassy of Belgium

17th floor, Sathorn City Tower

175 South Sathorn Road, Tungmahamek sub-district, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120

Tel: 02-679 54 54 / Fax: 02-679 54 65

Based on the above-mentioned documents, the Belgian Embassy will issue two new documents (in English).

These two documents must be translated into Thai.

Contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (Legalization Service, Kimpo Building, 3rd floor, Muang Thong Thani, Chaengwattana Road in Nonthaburi, tel. 02-503 45 39) in order to have the translation documents legalized.

Marriage can take place at any Thai City Hall (Amphoe).

The couple should obtain for the marriage certificate and a copy of the marriage registration book (both in Thai).

Have these two marriage documents translated into English.

Contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs again to have the translation of marriage documents legalized.


If the Belgian national wishes to return to Belgium with his/her Thai spouse:


The spouse must apply for a visa at the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok. The following documents are required:

  • 3 application forms and 3 photos

  • a valid passport.

  • the marriage certificate (both original and translation, legalized)

  • a copy of the marriage registration book (both original and translation, legalized)

  • a copy of the passport of Belgian spouse

  • a copy of the birth certificate (translated and legalized)

  • a medical certificate.


The visa application will be forwarded for consideration by the competent authorities in Belgium.  This may take about two months for a reply from the Belgian authorities.


line_01.gif (3614 bytes) 


  Copyright and All rights reserved. 

Any comments mail to: